This is what to make if you have a cold, or a stomach ache, or you need a little pick-me-up. This tea is to be drunk hot, with honey added liberally and to taste.
If you’re drinking this as a herbal remedy, drink a strong couple of hot shots of it all at once. Expect to sweat a little, as the ginger will be very warming.
Hot Ginger and Lemongrass Tea
For 2 servings:
3 heaping tablespoons of raw ginger, grated
a handful of the green tops of lemongrass leaves, or a solid piece of lemongrass
stalk or root, the same volume as the grated ginger
3 cups of filtered water
1. Bring everything to a simmer and cover it, letting it bubble gently for 10 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, strain and serve immediately, or keep it warm to drink in a thermos.
- Make for a friend who has a stomach ache or a cold.
- Make a batch of cold ginger and lemongrass tea to enjoy with a squeeze of lime.
- Mix ginger and lemongrass tea with green tea for even more pick-me-up.